Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Way and Its Virtue

Previous writings in this domain exist, primarily Christ The Eternal Tao and Jesus and Lao Tzu, so why should I further complicate matters by starting a blog on the Tao of Christ? Because I love the teachings of Christ and I love the teachings of Lao Tzu and I experience the interflow of their teachings.

I use "Jesus" and "Christ" interchangeably, knowing that Jesus is the human manifestation of Christ and that Christ is the spiritual essence of Jesus. I regard the two as one.

Lao Tzu (roughly translated as "The Old Dude") is generally recognized as the author of the Tao Te Ching.  "Tao" is usually translated as Way, "Te" as Virtue, and "Ching" as Book; hence the Book of the Way and Its Virtue.

Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life." In Lao Tzu language, Jesus is saying he is the Tao and Its Virtue. Lao Tzu did not say he was the Tao, but he did say It was birthing him.

Let us see as I continue this blog if I can let Jesus be Jesus and Lao Tzu be Lao Tzu without doing violence to either of them. My plan is to visit each of the 81 chapters of the Tao Te Ching and see what opens in a commentary on each one.

5 comments:

  1. I like it. Such a coincidence, I had a discussion with my Mom last night, she from her Christian perspective and me from my combined perspective Jesus and the Tao. This should be fun! Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be an interesting adventure. I look forward to it, George.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Wonderful !!!

    ReplyDelete