Tuesday, October 30, 2012

the wheel we need to be

Jesus leaned forward and said: My buddy, Lao Tzu here, is always talking about the Way. I also spoke of the Way and it got me into a lot of trouble.

He continued: I said that I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by me. Holy Moses! Has that been misunderstood! Let's get democratic here. My aim is for each person to be able to say those words with deep understanding.

Lao Tzu nodded in agreement: Yes, Jesus! When we know we are the Way waying, we live in a different world. Our consciousness has changed, as Georgie Boy would say.

I laughed and shook my head, appreciating his bringing me into the conversation: Georgie Boy? Well, I love you too, Old Dude.

Jesus said: I'm glad you two are having a love feast, but I have more to say. People set up a religion around me and that's okay. In the physical world, the forming always needs a form. The danger is that the form assumes priority and the forming hardens into set opinion.

Lao Tzu: Well said. I put it this way. "Thirty spokes converge on a hub but it's the emptiness that makes a wheel work."

Jesus leaped from his seat with exuberance: Yes! Don't get hung up on the wheel. The wheel will continue revolving and evolving. It's the boundless openness of our Father that we are to allow to embody us. Then each of us will be the wheel we need to be.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, George...


    --Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the problems today is that some folks want the wheel to be a hamster wheel and the rest of us to be hamsters. When we are hamsters, we are trapped by our mental hamster wheels and we cut ourselves off from our Father and His Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying this. Jamie M.

    ReplyDelete