Friday, December 21, 2012

right here

The greatest thing seems incomplete
yet it never wears out
the fullest thing seems empty
yet it never runs dry
the straightest thing seems crooked
the cleverest thing seems clumsy
the richest thing seems poor
activity overcomes cold
stillness overcomes heat
who can be perfectly still
is able to govern the world
-- Red Pine, Chapter 45, Tao Te Ching

"Look at him," said Lao Tzu. "He's all sad because you didn't show up."

"He wanted you to come with blazing light and sounding trumpets," said Lao Tzu.

"His bottom lip is poked out," he said. "He's in a sulk."

 "I'm right here," said Jesus.

"So am I," said Buddha.

"So am I," said Krishna.

"So am I," said Yahweh.

"So am I," said Allah.

"So am I," said Ganesha.

"So am I" said Moses.

"So am I," said God.

"So am I," said Muhammad.

"So am I," said Solstice Light.

And all the many forms of our Source proclaimed one by one and in unison, "So am I."

 "So am I," I said.

We formed into a circle and we laughed and danced and sang.

1 comment: