Thursday, December 13, 2012

nameless simplicity

The way normally does nothing, yet there is nothing not done.
If kings and noblemen will abide by this,
Everything will self transform.
Transform yet desire rises,
Press it down using nameless simplicity.
Of nameless simplicity, man also supports without desire.
No desire, using stillness, all under heaven supports self calm.
-- Carl Abbott, Chapter 37, Tao Te Ching

We had climbed Elden and were sitting in a copse of trees off the trail.

"Are you ready for this?" asked Jesus.

"I don't know," I said.

"'Don't know' is always good," said Lao Tzu.

"I am closer to you than your very breath," said Jesus. "I am inside you and you are inside me."

"The Tao taos," said Lao Tzu. "Interflow."

"Do you know how and what I am inside you?" asked Jesus. "I am Imagination."

"All is created through Imagination," said Lao Tzu.

"Be still and know that you are Imagination," said Jesus.

"You are mage, you are magi, you are mage-ician," said Lao Tzu.

"The Christ Child you seek is born in and is Imagination," said Jesus.

"The Imagination does everything and yet nothing is done," said Lao Tzu.

"Imagination is the only Reality," said Jesus.

"Then who am I?" I asked.

"You are your imagination creating a side pocket in the ongoing flow of Imagination," said Jesus.

"Then you get all shook up, fearful and anxious, bold and demanding, seeking salvation." said Lao Tzu.

"When you start naming yourself, you get in trouble," said Jesus.

"That's called black magic," said Lao Tzu. "Loving the spin, loving the spin you are in."

"We are looking for 'nameless simplicity' here," said Lao Tzu.

"Let's start a new church," I said. "The Church of the Boundless Imagineers."

Lao Tzu groaned. He looked at Jesus and said, "I knew he was trouble from the start."

We got up, stretched, and continued walking the path of no path.

No comments:

Post a Comment