Saturday, January 12, 2013

the cosmos gym

Act without doing;
work without effort.
Think of the small as large
and the few as many.
Confront the difficult
while it is still easy;
accomplish the great task
by a series of small acts.

The Master never reaches for the great;
thus she achieves greatness.
When she runs into a difficulty,
she stops and gives herself to it.
She doesn't cling to her own comfort;
thus problems are no problem for her.
-- Stephen Mitchell, Chapter 63, Tao Te Ching

Lao Tzu said, "Let's go work out."

"Okay," said Jesus.

Lao Tzu looked at me.

"You will need to change your close," he said.

We arrived at The Cosmos Gym Of Vast Space And No Effort.

We went in.

"Be still and know the I Am," said Jesus.

I began flashing on scenes of my existing.

"Not the Me Am, you knucklehead," said Lao Tzu.

Me disappeared.

The Cosmos was formed of space with intermittent tiny bubbles.

All flowed with no effort, no effort at all.

After no time, Lao Tzu said, "There is another room."

"Come with me," he said.

We peered into the next room.

Concerned and frowning people were lifting heavy weights.

Each worked out alone.

"What are those weights?" I asked.

"They have amassed the tiny bubbles into Duty and Responsibility," said Jesus.

"Do they know the other workout room exists?" I asked.

"They think that's cheating," said Lao Tzu.

"I told them my burden was Light, but they don't listen," said Jesus.

"They love to eat their BST sandwiches," said Lao Tzu.

"You mean BLT," I said.

"No. Blood, Sweat, and Tears," said Lao Tzu.

We went out into the cool night air.

"Thanks for the workout," I said to Lao Tzu.

"No problem," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment