Wednesday, January 2, 2013

the postures of your mind

Those who know don't talk.
Those who talk don't know.

Close your mouth,
block off your senses,
blunt your sharpness,
untie your knots,
soften your glare,
settle your dust.
This is the primal identity.

Be like the Tao.
It can't be approached or withdrawn from,
benefited or harmed,
honored or brought into disgrace.
It gives itself up continually.
That is why it endures.
-- Stephen Mitchell, Chapter 56, Tao Te Ching

"Cross your arms and legs," said Lao Tzu.

I did.

"How do you feel?" he asked.

"Obstinate and secure," I said.

"What else?" he asked.

"Defensive and protective," I said.

"Uncross them," said Jesus.

I uncrossed them.

"Now I feel open and aware," I said.

"An open conduit," said Jesus.

"Instead of a knot head," said Lao Tzu.

"These are the postures of your mind," said Jesus.

"When you refuse the flow of the Tao you become refuse," said Lao Tzu.

Jesus laughed.

"When I resist the flow of Spirit, I re-cyst," I said.

They looked at each other.

"You know. Become a cyst again."

 Jesus grinned. Lao Tzu rolled his eyes.

"Closed stance is a trance," said Lao Tzu.

"Open stance is a dance," said Jesus.

 "I much prefer the open stance," I said.

"Now you are talking," said Lao Tzu.

3 comments:

  1. I'm reminded of something you have said many times before... to do the "trance-end-dance". Time to stand and open it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. knot head. . . ha ha ha!
    comic book material. great stuff!.
    just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasty offering! Thank you, George... ♥ Cathy

    ReplyDelete