Monday, November 26, 2012

this

That which is inherent in the great attainment (void) is the echo of Tao.
That which is Tao is indistinct and ineffable.
Ineffable and indistinct, yet therein are forms.
Indistinct and ineffable, yet therein are objects.
Unfathomable and invisible, yet therein are essences.
The essence is indeed genuine, therein is the vivid reality.
From ancient times until the present,
the name of Tao has never ceased to exist.
Through it we see the beginning of all things.
How do we understand the beginning of all things?
It is through this.
-- Chang Chung-Yuan, Chapter 21, Tao Te Ching

Lao Tzu came in and threw the covers off me.

"Rise and shine," he said.

I groaned. The clock said 2:27 a.m..

"Where's Jesus?" I asked as I struggled into my clothes.

"Outside. Let's go." He headed for the door.

Jesus was looking at the stars and moon.

"Point at the moon," said Lao Tzu.

I pointed.

"Let the back wall of your mind fall away." he said.

I let it.

"Who is doing the pointing?" he asked.

I laughed. "There is no point. Only this."

We stood silently. Inseparable.

No comments:

Post a Comment